Thursday, September 4, 2008

My life:

Wow...there has never been a time in my life where I have been so proud to be an American. I have always been grateful to live in this beautiful country, but my heart strings are tied in more and more all the time. One reason is because I have a Marine for a son, and a daughter that leaves to go to Marine boot camp soon. I am so very proud of them and the choices they have made.

I go to one of the most inspiring churches that I have ever had the chance to be a part of, and I LOVE it. God is doing amazing things in our midst and I am so blessed to be a daughter of the King! I know it and I believe it!

My husband and I have been married 21 years, and God is doing some real transformations in our marriage too. Earlier this year I asked my Heavenly Father to fillet my heart. I told Him that if there was ANYTHING in there that He did not want there, then to PLEASE remove it and He has been doing so. Not a painless undertaking, but oh my gosh, it is an incredible one! And because of it, my marriage is growing and getting better all the time!

I have a son who is 16 and he will be the only child left at home with us this year. So this is a life changing year for us! We have never just had one kid at home, and it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. He has just recently been ignited in his heart for Jesus, renewing his commitment to Him, and I can't wait to see what the Lord will do. It is so exciting!

I also have a daughter who is married and has two children. They recently moved to another state and we miss them a lot!

I love that I live in the hometown of Sarah Palin! I must tell you that she is REAL...she is not someone who thinks more highly of herself than she ought. She truly is just like us and I really am inspired by her. Never before have I ever wanted to be involved in politics the way I do today! I support her with all my heart and I believe she has what it takes to lead this country into a better place. I thank God for allowing her to have this opportunity!

My other hero is Beth Moore. I am so blessed to have a woman who teaches in such a way that every woman I have ever been with in a Bible Study by her can relate to it in some way. She speaks the truth and the truth sets us free. Beth Moore's teachings have been a key part of the reason I am walking in freedom today! My only wish is that I could actually sit down and have a true conversation with her and pray for her and with her. When I get a chance to speak to women, I always try to be as real as I can and she inspires me to continue being ME!!!! I hope that makes sense! LOL...

Two of my favorite quotes are:
"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says "Oh no...she's awake!"

AND

"I may look harmless, but I raised a Marine!"
(soon to be two!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sara rocks! We, in Tampa, are thrilled to have her on the ticket! We're praying for her!

Laura Beth Fletcher said...

I was so thrilled to read on the LPM blog that Sarah was just like us and Beth...a sister in Christ and REAL...to be honest I did not know much at all about Sarah Palin before...I was very intrigued as to why McCain chose her but after watching her last night, I no longer wonder...I just fell in love with her, I could sense a "realness" about her and after reading your blog now know that she is a fellow believer. Too bad your Blog can't be read on NBC or CBS...I too get disgusted with the media...I have always followed politics since I was a little girl but was very discouraged with this election...UNTIL NOW! I too will be praying and campaigning for Sarah Palin! It was great meeting you on the Blog!
Have a blessed day!
Laura Beth Fletcher
Johnson City Tn
premier_mommy@Yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love your quotes! Especially, the oh no she's awake.

Thank you for keeping me updated on Sarah Palin. I am a fan now too!

Govenor's Picnic and Military Appreciation Picnic

Govenor's Picnic and Military Appreciation Picnic
When I went to this Sarah gave out blue star flags to each person who had someone in the Military. I got to tell about my son Ted who is a Marine and my daughter RuthAnn who is going to boot camp on Sept. 22nd. Sarah hugged me and said I was a brave Marine Mama!