Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin

Hi there,
I feel like it is important to say something to those people that I know, that may be hearing so many different stories about Sarah Palin. I have sat here on my computer and read story after story and been amazed at how horribly the press/media construe the truth. It is like they take one thing that is mentioned and blow it into whatever spin they want to take on it. For instance: The media heard somewhere that Church on the Rock is Sarah's home church. Now I personally have attended COTR for 8.5 years, and I know that our church is not her home church. She has attended our church on several occasions, and before she was Governor she attended regularly for about a year, but has since moved on to another church in the Valley that her sister and parents attend also. But on Sunday morning we had so many reporters at our church, and they even video taped the service. WOW...They have inundated our community and tried to find as much dirt on her as they possibly can. The worst they can come up with is that back in 1986, her husband got a DUI, (this was before they were even married) and of course now the big thing is that Bristol is pregnant. Yes, she is pregnant. Yes, she is unmarried. Yes, now her life will be changed dramatically. I have three teenagers myself right now, and I can tell you for a fact, that we can teach and train all we want, but when it comes right down to it, the teenagers will choose for themselves what they will do. And there is always consequences. Thank God that Sarah is not forcing an abortion on her daughter. Having had that done to me when I was a teenager, I personally know that abortion leaves scars that they don't tell you about at Planned Parenthood. Being a Christian is about knowing who you are in the sight of God, and standing up for what you believe in. I believe in Grace and Mercy being shed on all of us who have sinned. The Bible says that there is nothing that can separate us from the Love of God. This is true for the Palin family also.
I know that Sarah is a strong Christian woman who knows the difference between right and wrong. Do you think that she didn't have a gut wrenching moment when she found out about Bristol being pregnant? As we all would have as a parent. But she is doing the right thing in making the best of it, and showing her daughter unconditional love.
I am amazed at the way the media has descended onto our town and done every thing they can to find out who Sarah Palin is. I know several people who have been interviewed, taken photos of, even called and asked if their son was the father because his name was Levi! OMG...They are grasping for straws and going on rumors that are not true.
So, who would have thought that this town I live in would become forefront on the National and Worldwide news?
It is just incredible what these people have come up with. I just want you to be sure to not believe every thing you read and hear. They lie and misconstrue so many things. Sarah needs our prayers now more than ever. She is an amazing woman, and she has been the best thing that has ever happened to the state of Alaska. She is just like you and me, and she is the most real political person I have ever met. And I have met her, several times. She is honest, brave, and a woman who keeps her promises. How many politicians do you know that actually do that?
Anyway, I know this is long, but it is just so pressing on my heart that we need to be praying for her and lifting this Republican National Convention up to the Lord, that she would be full of wisdom and grace as she faces this week and the next two months on the campaign trail. I hope to God that she isn't reading all this crap about herself and her family, because for those of us who know her, it really makes us angry that this is what America is getting, when we know it isn't true. They take one little thing that may be true and make it into some enormous lie that isn't true at all.
I have never been a real politics kind of gal, but this is just too much. So please, pray for Sarah and her family.
Please be careful about how you judge others. And most of all please don't take everything you hear and read as truth. I have never before realized how lopsided the media really is. It is so sad that we can't trust them to tell the truth.
So now I will get off my soapbox and wish you all a good day!
God Bless,
GayleAnn

4 comments:

cheryl said...

I just had to jump over here from LPM....hope youdont mind.
I L-O-V-E-D Sarah Palin and her speach last night. My husband and I were at the hospital visiting a friend and I was so worried I would miss it, but thanks to xm and fox news I got to hear the entire speach on the radio on the way home. Im so excited about her and believe as a republican we now have a fighting chance at the white house. Keep me posted if there is anything I can do to help. My sister in law in the pres of the womens rep. party in Mississippi but we dont keep in touch much. She is so busy.

Bobbie said...

I, too, had to jump over from LPM! Thank you for sharing this post about Sarah Palin. She seems like the most wonderful Christian, wife and mom! I loved her speech last night, she did a great job. (Loved the difference between the Hockey Mom & a Pit Bull!) But it was awesome to have someone from her hometown and state to put this out for her. More people need to read this, like you said, the media is trying to tear her apart

I'm keeping her, her family, especially Bristol in my prayers. This young lady will succeed with her family behind her. She and her boyfriend made a choice AND they are taking responsiblility for that choice. They may struggle for awhile, financially and with school, but they CAN DO IT. God will be there for them at the most difficult of times and the best of times.

Again, thank you for giving us a glimpse of Your Gov and your wonderful little hometown! BTW, we were in Alaska in 2004 on a cruise and absolutely LOVED it, it was gorgeous!! But our cab driver told us we could love it and visit as often as we wanted, but DON'T MOVE HERE, my check is too small as it is!!" He was hilarious, really gave us a great tour of Anchorage. One of many fun memories!

I'll continue to check in here to see how things are going in little bit of heaven you call home!
Blessings,
Bobbie
(am on my way from Seattle to Texas so that we will finally be "livin' where we're from"!!!)

Anonymous said...

I saw your post on LPM as well, and have never posted, but I felt compelled to Thank You for confirming what I was feeling in my spirit. Without knowing her whole personal background, I sensed that she knew Jesus. The light of Christ and truth seemed to resonate from her. I LOVED her speech (and loved her!)and could tell every word was sincere. As she approached the podium, I saw the picture of the liberty bell on the background screen, and I just knew that the Mccain-Palin team is what America needs. I am so excited for what lies ahead and will be praying for them.

Nancy B said...

I too saw your post on the LPM blog and jumped over to read what you might have about Sarah Palin. I truly felt her sincerity and "realness" as she spoke at the RNC. Thank you for confirming that she is authentic in her Christian beliefs! I will keep checking your blog for more updates and info on Sarah!

Govenor's Picnic and Military Appreciation Picnic

Govenor's Picnic and Military Appreciation Picnic
When I went to this Sarah gave out blue star flags to each person who had someone in the Military. I got to tell about my son Ted who is a Marine and my daughter RuthAnn who is going to boot camp on Sept. 22nd. Sarah hugged me and said I was a brave Marine Mama!